The Newsletter of the Watch City Steampunk Festival
Welcome everyone! We hope you all enjoyed the 2017 Watch City Steampunk Festival. This newsletter will be published irregularly to keep you up to date on important news about next year’s event.
Date for the 2018 Festival Set
Our date for next year’s event has been announced! Mark your calendars for Saturday, May 12th, 2018. If you are a vendor or performer interested in the 2018 event, we have not yet opened up the application process, but you can email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or to be notified when more information is available.
Other Events Where You’ll Find Us
Representatives from Watch City will be making appearances at local events to raise awareness of our festival, and in some cases to raise funds as well! Here’s where you will find us:
· Boston Comic Con, August 11-13. This event will feature a first-time collaboration between multiple local steampunk groups to bring you programming: The Watch City Steampunk Festival, The Jewelry City Steampunk Festival, The Gate City Steampunk Festival, Splendid Teapot Racing Massachusetts, Gartisan Works, The Red Fork Empire, and The Citizens of Antiford. http://bostoncomiccon.com/
· Waltham Day, September 16th. We’ll have a fundraising table at this celebration of all things Waltham. https://www.facebook.com/CityofWaltham/
· Jewelry City Steampunk Festival, Attleboro, MA, October 28th. This free festival is a new entry to the local scene and we wish them well! Come find us at our fundraising table. https://jewelrycitysteampunk.com/
· The Dickens Holiday Festival, December 10th. This festive event returns to the Charles River Museum of Industry and Innovation just in time for you to find that unique gift (which just might be a 2017 Watch City Steampunk Festival t-shirt, yes?). https://www.facebook.com/DickensHolidayFestival/
And Now For Something Steampunk
Cabinet of Curiosities: A collection of objects representing relics and souvenirs of events, persons of note, and natural (and unnatural) history.
The following item has recently been entered into Watch City’s own Cabinet of Curiosities Collection: a fragment of the wrappings from the (simulated) mummy Nanefer-ka-ptah of the 19th dynasty, unwrapped at the 2017 festival courtesy of the Boston University Cabinet of Ancient Wonders.
Some Words of… Wisdom?
"Bunked. Sheveled. Couth. These things have no meaning unless they are not what they are. Food for thought!"
- Captain Edward Von Arkham